Well, the wait is over, Chinese manufacturer’s said flagship killer OnePlus 5 is finally unveiled at the launch event in New York on June 20. It’s been few months since there are lots of rumors, speculation & hype but finally, all sit silently now. It’s the actually only one company in a market who not believe in releasing lots of models, rather than focus on improving & making only things which are feasible for them rather than stretching it. That’s why OnePlus devices are hit in market & known as Flagship Killer.
Without doing further ado let’s quickly take a look at a set of specifications of OnePlus 5:
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Processor running on Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) on 10nm chip and graphics boosted by Adreno 540 GPU.
- 6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64/128GB UFS 2.1 2-LANE storage
- Dual 16 MP, f/1.7, EIS (gyro) + 20 MP, f/2.6, phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED flash
- Dimensions: 154.2 x 74.1 x 7.25 mm, Weight: 153g
- Unibody design made with Anodized Aluminum
- OxygenOS with new refreshed UI on Android Nougat 7.1
- Midnight Black / Slate Gray color ( Sadly no other color options)
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Hall, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, RGB Ambient Light Sensor, Electronic Compass, Sensor Hub
- Ports: USB 2.0, Type-C, Support USB Audio, Dual nano-SIM slot, 3.5mm audio jack (Thank God!!!)
- Battery: 3300 mAh (non-removable) with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
- Audio: Bottom-facing speaker, 3-microphone with noise cancellation, Support AANC, Dirac HD Sound, Dirac Power Sound
That specs are really eye catching on paper but that’s not enough, it has set of features enough to lure you to buy the device.
- With opting of dual camera OnePlus is trying to compete with Apple which has started the trend of dual camera setup. Believe me, initial impressions of the camera is superb though is quite early to judge from the aspect of day to day life usage & conditions. It has got Portrait & Pro mode and larger aperture f/1.7 means the camera can capture more light.
- OxygenOS comes with refined UI and bunch of other features like Reading Mode, Gaming DND Mode, Secure Box.
- OnePlus comes carrier unlocked out of the box with worldwide support for the network.
- OnePlus 5 has always on fingerprint sensor means you don’t need to press power button first then unlock, you just have to put your finger & it will detect it & unlock speed is blazing fast.
- It has RGB LED notification light for different alerts like miscall, message, mail etc.
- Now it is equipped with Haptic vibration motor to offer more realistic touch & hold operations.
- It is powered by Dash Charge technology which is capable of long last your phone for a whole day by a just charge of half hour.
- It has Capacitive hardware keys and as well as support for on-screen navigation through software.
- It also got Alert Slider (Like iPhone!!!) to put a device in silent, priority, and All mode.
Price: 6GB RAM + 64GB storage is priced at $479/€499 and 8GB RAM + 128GB storage at $539/€559, though in India phone is set to launch on 22nd June, if we believe the leaks then 6GB RAM variant is priced at Rs. 32,999 and 8GB RAM variant is priced at Rs. 37,999. You can watch live event of OnePlus 5 in India at 2 PM (IST), HERE.